Here are the election results to determine the 2011/12 Storm FM executive committee! All elections were conducted using the alternative transferable vote system (ATV), bar the election for Programme Controller. Due to three people standing for two positions, this count needed to to be run through the single transferable vote system (STV). STV takes the total number of valid votes and divides by the number of available places plus one and then adding one vote.
The Storm Awards took place on Friday Evening shortly after the AGM, and a fantastic time was had by all!
It was a chance for the new exec to bond, a chance to say goodbye to people leaving, and to celebrate the achievements of presenters from the year of broadcasting!
The results were as follows;
- Best Newcomer Semester 1 – Martin Korner
- Best Newcomer Semester 2 – Mixin’ It Up
- Best Specialist Show - The Mad House
- Best Entertainment Show – The Sunday Sessions
- Best Mainstream Show – The Afternoon Bit
- Best Female – Amy Peirce
- Best Male – James Russell
- The ‘Big Bear’ Award – Chance t0 Dance – Michaela Wylde
- Assistant Managers Award – Drew Turner
- Station Managers Award – Bianca Murray
A Few thankyou’s were also given to three of the current SU Sabbatical Officers, for their input, advice, and guidance to the station over their respective terms, Tom Hecht, John Jackson, and Spencer George.
Congratulations guys, and we look forward to another exciting year of radio!
The AGM went off on Friday afternoon without a hitch, just a few mentions first and then we will get down to the elections…what i imagine most of you are reading for :p
The outgoing exec members, for the time you have put into Storm over your respective terms, it is greatly appreciated.
Jez Harvey , for conducting the election at our AGM.
Matt Ison, Spencer George, and Jez Harvey (again), for counting the election results.
You’re new StormFM executive committee for the year 10/11
- Manager – Cameron Ward
- Assistant Manager – Ash Kierans
- Programme Controller – James Russell
- Treasurer – Illtud Jones
- Secretary – No Candidates
- Head of Tech – Dan Ellis
- Head of Music – James McAllister
- Head of News – Dom Vince
- Head of Production – George Aungier
- Head of Sales – Will Osborn
- Welsh Language Officer – Eli Gourdie
- Social Secretary – Vicki Harman
Congratulations to everybody and we look forward to a fantastic year!
On Behalf of Storm FM, i would like to offer a massive congratulations to all of you who have helped us over the month of March, Listeners, Members, Presenters, Exec, Street Team, any of you who have played a part, i offer a sincere thanks, you all have a lot to be proud of.
I will be creating a report of exactly how Storm FM have done over the course of march, for those interested, you can turn up to the exec meeting on Monday 12th of April for a full rundown.